View Single Post
Old 06-21-05, 05:20 PM   #5
Phorge
Get me?

IP:

Break the routine.

Day in and day out, my duty calls upon all my strength..
A vigorous routine leaves my outlook on life stretched..

Saving lives, a gruelling & adrenaline pumping task to commit yourselve to..
Especially pronouncing to grieving families their loved one didn't come through..
You get the screams of anguish, rampaging through halls, the pounding of fists..
Sometimes the sight of another person coping with pain, urges me to spill my wrists..
But I've see enough claret, I wouldn't want my son, or daughter seeing my corpse..
Or growing up without me, even in the calmest winds I wouldn't be able to handle the thought..
The sirens shouting, casualties wheezing, coughing, & writhing with agony in the back..
Of the ambulance, but this victim seems to be different hes calling my name "Jack"..
"C-Come to..to me". So I do as he says and I tend to his needs, & dampen his cuts..
He knew he didn't have much time left, and yet I thought he hadn't asked for much..
Which was to bid farewell to his kids, so I felt for him as I was thinking the same before..
Arms dangling, scraping the ambulance floor. I managed to haul him up & walk to the door..
His kids answered, their faces struck with horror as their father reached out to them..
I sat him on the porch, & left him with his kids, as the love between them stemmed..
They hugged, tears crept and snuck out the corner of my eye, but the kids screamed..
Their dad had slipped past the light at the end of the tunnel, for his spirit had been freed..
His slumped remains reminded me of my job, I snapped out the parental state of mind..
It's my fault, if I followed procedures there might of been a slight chance he survived..
Saving people fulfilling God's job with less power, unreliable I'd been deemed..
& that was the one fatal fault in my life, for a break in the routine..