Thread: Mad Dog vs E.C
View Single Post
Old 07-07-05, 08:48 PM   #33
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Voted For: E.C

Mad Dog: Nice beat choice after the song started, but that intro went on far too long. Wackness shouldn't continue for that long because it's only funny for a short time.

As for your verse, I couldn't make out your lyrics all that clearly, like I had to work to make out some of the words, point the finger at the vocal quality. EQ some bass out of th beat and EQ some treble into your voc's. There was no fluidity in the verse, each word seemed like it's own sentence, like "yeah - so- I - punch - you - in - the - face". Didn't sound liek a natural sentence, which A: seems liek the norm for UK spitters and B: I personally can't stand.

That Mmmbop bit at the end coulda been funnier if you had im spittin over it or something.

Not a horrible verse, but EC's verse would have to be attrocious for me to vote in your favor right about now. brb..

E.C.: Not a bad beat choice. You killed that "only" thing, like "you only" and "only if" and so on. I think I caught you saying 5 times in under a minute where it was actually the focus of the line. Hard to say who's quality was worse, yours or Mad Dog's. I can't even make out whta you're saying on thta second beat's hook. I think I heard something about "pretzel man, pretzel man, pretzel man" or soemthing. That second half you de coulda done without, but I'll still have to give my reluctant vote to E.C.

Either one of you woulda lost this battle if the other guy had better annunciation and/or clarity. And that's my honest vote. 1

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X