View Single Post
Old 07-07-05, 10:58 PM   #14
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verse190
im sorry, but i dont get what your saying. what do you mean its streched? it flows with the verse, unless you mean somethin diff.

I didn't say it was stretched, I said it was a Stretch Armstrong-sized 'reach'. You forced it. You forced that square peg into the round hole that was that line. It jsut didn't fit together and I can't see how anyone woudl think it's "hot". Especially if you gotta explain it. The lines and content should explain themselves or else you didn't build the line properly.

Here's some reasons why:

"this cock raps without punchlines like slapboxing roosters"

First up, roosters don't throw punches - so you coulda easily flipped the line to

"This cock packs less punches than two fighting roosters".

That line is more usable since it's already know that roosters don't throw punches - so why mention slap boxing? They already exist in the form that you want them to in order for that lien to work. Also, you said "punchlines". You lose it even more when you put that 'line' suffix on 'punch". Just make the meta (which you turned into a similie that I turned BACK into a meta) far more vivid because the words lock perfectly. You bastardized it fomr wordplay to a regular-ass similie.

That's why it was a long-ass reach.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote