View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 08:14 PM   #8
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP:

First things first i am a black male.

Now i think it's stupid to use gun companies as a scapegoat cos we as black people should be strong enough to resist the temptation to pick up a firearm.

I don't know about the liquor store situation as the situation isn't as bad in the UK as it is in the US, but once again i can't condone this because i personally wouldn't go down to the liquor store on the corner to get drunk if i was in that situation because alcohol clouds the mind as so leaves people prone to getting up to all kinds of stupidity.

I can proudly say that even though people around me always go around armed with knives or firearms, i am one of the sensible ones who never has or never will feel the need to carry such weapons...

And on top of that i WASN'T the best in my class but i still did my best and managed to gain decent results at the end of my exams because i was taught, while growing up, to be responsible for my own destiny and to never play the race card unless it was plain to see that there was real racial discrimination going on.
And i have experienced racism so i know when and when not to turn a situation into a racial matter.

However there is institutionalised racism in England:

Eg. my friend has an Audi A3 because his mother bought it for him with her hard earned money and every week he gets stopped by the police like 3 or 4 times because, due to the misconception that all young black males are underachieving, it is as if they cannot accept that he, as a young black male, should be able to be driving such a car...

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Quote:
It would mean abandoning the ludicrous claim that white Americans and firearms manufacturers are the cause of the problems afflicting African-Americans.

i think its fair to say not all white Americans are to blame but that sentence gives the impression that white Americans have played absolutely no part in this problem. When clearly certain member's of white American society actually have....

Thats all i've got to say on the matter