View Single Post
Old 07-28-05, 08:27 PM   #4
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP:

it's really impossible to say what happens after death, or how everything started
personally, i believe in the scientific explanation of it, with our "soul" being a part of the brain
i also find it very improbable that what happens after death has or will ever be guessed by someone who has never died, the chances of a heaven or hell imagined by a living person actually being real are extremely unlikely
i do not believe in a "creator" because, while easier to believe, leaves the same question- how did the creator come into existence, what makes it think, and why would it decide to make a bunch of stars and planets, put intelligent life on a handful of them, and then just leave us to ourselves
a hypothetical creator would, by the theory of a creator, also have to have been created by something else. the creator of our creator also had to be created, and so on. the theory basically works against itself, and any way you approach the question of existence, you will never find a satisfactory answer
either we will never know, or we will find out after death, or we will find ourselves in another unexplainable situation after death