View Single Post
Old 08-06-05, 07:06 AM   #15
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Good battle from both of you...

Souljah: okay, I am digging the approach of the topic that you used in your piece but I got this feeling you could have gone more into detail with it you know. The emotion was strong, portrayed it in a vivid way and really made the readers get into the person's mind, let them know what he was going through and such. That was your strongest aspect in my opinion. You also managed to combine it with a good imagery, it might have been worded a bit different in places but overall it was nice. Vocab can be improved on, flow was cool and the structure was okay as well. You ended the story very abruptly which I liked, kept it simple and very clear.

King Solo: the thing I liked best about your piece was the set-up and how you flipped it in the end. You were speaking on some real shit, especially in that last part so the I was feeling the approach. Vocab was nice, you had a good level of complexity yet it remained understandable for the readers. Flow was cool, structure made it easy to read with the division into 2 parts. It's not an imagery piece as in you telling a story, you are more expressing general ideas throughout clear pictures. The emotion was good as well, had some lines that made me think about stuff which is always a good thing of course.

In the end, my vote goes to King Solo because I felt his approach a bit more but Souljah's drop was good too, was a tough decision...

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ