Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-05, 04:15 AM   #43
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Thats partly what I'm saying with religion being a translation from a bigger message, a lot of religion's charactoristics I find irrelevant because a lot of religious texts were also written specific to their time period, but I think that there is truth behind most of them in one way or another.. Christianity is basically the only sect other than islam that I'm knowledgable about.. The main religions that I study are Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.. Buddhism is just a sect of hinduism..

More or less I see sect's as man made versions, but the reason I follow Christianity is because Judists are stupid.. Jesus basically fit all their prophecys for the mesiah and they still believe he wasnt who he claimed to be. Go figure..

But yo, I'm glad you got good views on religion man.. Wouldnt wanna be in a group with a dumb cunt.. I got some pretty big theorys on things like the meaning of life I'll have to share with you some time..

You should look into Buddhism a bit. You can't dismiss it just because the dude that started it was a Hindu before he made it. Basically what happened was Siddharta Guatama saw problems with the way Hinduism worked, and tried to find shit out for himself. And out of all the religions I reckon Buddhism makes the most sense... I'm not about to become a Buddhist though. Make sure you read up about the original sect of buddhism though... The other ones are just dudes who thought Guatama was a God.. The only thing about it that doesnt make sense to me is reincarnation... I can't quite get my mind around it.

But re-incarnation makes more sense than eternal life anyday. Think about it... Theres no evidence anywhere, ever of an eternal place or dead spirits living happily/in torment forever. But life ends and begins all the time. I just don't get the process of it.

And yeah Judaism is pretty gay... Islam is alright.