View Single Post
Old 08-16-05, 08:33 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
firstly UK is different to US...our scene is too small so nobody can afford to rip anybody off in our scene really but i dont trust very easy dats y i cant trust sum1 else bein manager(i mhave my reasons for it).... and rite now im only startin out... if it keeps like it is ill look into one probably untill dat time comes im my own manager... but my mates mum is a solicitor(uks version of a lawyer basically) and is allways willin to vgive advice were i need it so wenever im faced wit a contract... i read it... and afterwards let mher read it and advice me on wat to do or wat not to do..... also most producers send me beats dat arent sampled... totally composed by dem but sampled beats i do recieve... samples are allways cleared by da producer and i ask for proof aswell and follow it up in order to make sure its legit

pretty healthy way to proceed considering the circumstances. Having a hookup that's a lawyer is definitely helpful - but don't forget about management. There's a big difference between a manager and a lawyer.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote