View Single Post
Old 08-19-05, 06:34 PM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
#1...I mean the noise from the electronics of not only ur computer, but mic connections which can generate noise, and/or any other circuitry involving the electronics of ur set up...Most of the noise in my set up comes from my XLR connections, which I've improved since I discovered that.
**When you record in Cool Edit or w/e, if you allow "dead air" to record, you can see "noise" being generated as a small wave. THat's the wave you define as the noise profile.

#2...When I say record "lower" that's relative...I mean you don't want to have yoiur levels so high that they clip or cause distortion...that's why I gave guidelines for the levels...

#1, how do you differentiate between that an ambient noise? Mic connectors don't make any sounds at all btw.And with nothing in the mic moving, I don't see how it could be anything but ambient noise, unless oyu consider the resistance in the wires and connectors, but of course you know that's not noise.

#2: no, I'm not speaking in regards to clipping. You can be well far from clip and still have that mean-ass his with that combo I mentioned, os to advise someone that it's a good thing and it'll work out like afar more expensive mic isn't accurate at all.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote