View Single Post
Old 08-28-05, 07:01 PM   #17
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
yeah, we def won't be fuckin this one up. I pay attention to details and theres 4 of us on the case to make sure we don't fuck anything up, but we aren't even gonna select songs till we find out how long our set is. As for a Rush music page, there ain't one at the time but I should def start getting one together and jsut upload shitlaods of songs. Between us all we got a little under 400 at the time of this writing. I'll get a copy of Ox's CD and upload some tracks. Ox whored himself around for about a year and a half straight to diff producers so he's got a good hunnit tracks RECORDED already. He compiled his third album from that pool of songs in about 10 minutes, lol.

Oh "Hosted by" means that that person came on this mixtape and did a "voice drop" which means it's just convo of them hyping the person or the project, or one particular song, but essentially they're endorsing the CD as a whole as good music. But one voice drop dosen't make it "hosted". A handfull of em do. Some mixtapes have generics like "yeah, this is the hardest shit out" and it's the same voice drops they gave to joe schmoe, but some have specific drops liek "yeah, this song Bad Man is the shit right here. That real hiphop", which is like the ones vlad gave us. Some entertainers will do it out of love and the price will be mega low or straight up free cuz it's not really about the moeny and others will be on some "yeah, 1k, 1800, 2k, 3k" shit for some breif-ass and or generic voice drops cuz they don't really care about your music. Shit man, mofos are willing to pay someone a grand to talk on their CD for about a minute TOTAL. Lets say you got 5-6 drops outta that and one specific and plug one in every like 3-4 songs. That's not love no kinda way, lol. Vlad did us 3 mins worth of open (meaning they can be cut up, edited, etc) and clear drops and a shitload of pictures for a price I'll call "less than that".

GD LOOKS,.......................

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer