View Single Post
Old 11-05-05, 08:27 PM   #75
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Look..

I think the UK accent can sometimes put a spin on the way their music sounds.. But their shit isnt better than american hip hop... No country I have heard so far has reached that level yet simply because americans have:
A) Been growing up around hip hop for much longer
B) Have an accent more suited to rap music

Hell I aint even gonna front, a lot of the time I simply cant stand aussie hip hop cause, even though theres cats out there that have talent, they just dont match up when you put them on an international scale.

This is a big reason why I prefer to listen and learn from american rappers over other aussie rap artists, because my style is now something that can match up to american artists. I have adopted a way of molding my voice to sound and make good use of my australian accent, but flow with the same style underground cats in america use.

You have to understand that the larger market is always gonna be in America and in order to rise up you obviously need to intergrate even slightly so that your music can appeal to the larger audiences aswell, even if you never make it big over there.. It will still be a welcome innovation no matter where you go.....

Essentually I never copy anyone... I'm only more realistic in my approach..

But music will always be subjective and people will always become defencive when in arguments over which culture produces better music. My advice to everyone is to drop the bullshit and think of hip hop as just a form of music rather than some big competition over whose better. Apreciate things for what they are.