View Single Post
Old 11-05-05, 08:35 PM   #14
leady
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
props to UK artists and LL, but......... Kanye and Alchemist and Dre r better than any UK producers i've ever heard, and Nas, Kanye, Prodigy, Mos Def, Common, not to mention the man in my sig, r definitely dope lyricists....... how could u even think about sayin the US doesn't have dope lyricists..... shit, i'm a perfect example..... there r some cats on here that could son me in a battle, but i can teach u something about urself and the me and my world from my point of view...... sorta like US rappers can feel UK rappers and visa-versa..... this whole argument iz pointless, since we're all doin it for self-expression and to further our craft........ check out the poem in my sig, called all i have..... it's not new, but it's dope, and tell me that some US cats don't get deep w/ their shit.....

i never said US dont vgot dope lyricists... but i aint EVER heard any US rapper drop rhyme schemes n structures as complicated as alot of UK peeps are capable of and tend to do.... also... the topics... it aint about bein deep.. its about bein creative.. n in america.. anybody who is ur mainstream is very generic n played wit the topics... but in UK despite mans status... they allways keep the originality and the lyricism... as for producers... kanye is way over-rated... dude cant make a beat unless its sampled... yes.. Alchemist is dope... dre... over-rated... has made sum classics.. but is very in-consistant... but ppl like chemo, kelakovski, harry love n joe buddah... none of em have EVER failed to impress me wit they beats