View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 05:13 PM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Well I guess it just depends on how you were watching it. I went with several people. The ones who had seen the first one, came to the sequel expecting to see the first one again. They hated Saw 2. One other person and I went knowing what we were going to see - a more insightful, character-driven movie. We knew it would tell us more about Jigsaw, and that's what we wanted to know. What I found was some intelligent dialogue, even though pretty much all of it came from Jigsaw himself. But fuck the 8 people in the house, I just came to watch 'em die. True, the death scenes were more of a 90's fashion than those in the first one, but a few of 'em stayed with me. Like the pit - for 2 days after I saw Saw 2, the thought would randomly pop into my head "how would that feel?" So IMO, they were more effective than they seem upon first watching the movie.

Personally, I liked Saw 2 quite a bit, for the fact that it was humanistic. I thought the ending was a good twist too, playing off of basic human nature.

: Do not read this post if you haven't seen either of the 2 movies!! :

See that's where I fell out of love with Saw 2. Jigsaw was cool, but who cares what else we find out? We learn his motive in the first one. The real "movie" was the dillema of "should I believe this guy..and what if he's right...and do I have the time to sit and think about it". the second one?? The pit? are you kidding me?? That's an easier obstacle to get through than the gun in the door shown in the commercials.

the knife and skin thing was RETARDED seeing that there was a HALL FULL OF MIRRORS as soon as they got out of the room. Why would you take that measure..when there's at LEAST 2 mirrors in the walls in the hall? There's broken mirror shards on the ground from the original double sided mirror when they got to the bathroom, so WTF is the problem? Remember the X? IT WAS A MIRROR!! that = character flaw AND plot hole in one.

the Pit was a joke since all you had to do is get that bat stick you were swinging around before and use it to sift through the needles, or go down into it with your feet flat so you jsut stand in it on the soles of your shoes and sift through it. That's not hard AT ALL. None of the challenges seemed hard to me, where as the first ones were actual "puzzles" liek you really had to decypher em. The FIRST thing I thought of when he said "in the back of your minds" was "damn, is there something in, on, or under the back of our heads? Here, someone check me!" and not one character was smart enough. Thats' WACK. The characters in the the first one were smarter, and so were the traps and puzzles. The second one dumbed down to make a mainstream movie. WACK. No one who adored saw 1 will like saw 2 for the same reasons. Saw 2 just lacked the finesse saw 1 had.

Saw 2 lacked the compassion for the human entity that the first one had. Notice he didn't put the saw's in the first movie in the shitty toilet water, in fact he put it in the CLEAN water, which shows that he dosen't think that they're worthless pieces of shit, he really does want the best for them. Essentially "tough love". You jsut dont' get that feeling in the first one, like he never left any other way to do things but the most brutal, where as there were choices in the first one. It's jsut a weak movie. Think of how much shit they found in the second one that meant nothing at all, like the rope the chick found. The mirrors they passed, the big "X" on the "EXIT", the 2 needles in the roasted dude's hand that they didn't go back for that they coulda EASILY got, ETC ETC. 8 characters were half as intellegent as the 2 in the prior one.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote