View Single Post
Old 11-14-05, 07:58 AM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

In all honesty, the Top 16 this week was not as good as it should be, some people were just spitting complete balls..

Just like my man JRoy. Word.

Top 16 Battle Reviews

Championship Match: 1. Apotropaic vs. 2. Vaskez

This bitch won't be standin tall later, my punches make holes like a crater
I'm leavin Apo'llo on the ground lookin worse than a space mission failure
VS.
done nothing, the majority of Vas tells him to stop boasting
.........while the Vas majority just wants Vas to stop posting

The closest championship match we have had in the PLL. The votes were back and forth from beginning to end. Both dropped decent punches with Vaskez starting with a nice nameplay on Apo. Apo then responded with a dope nameplay of his own, an original one on Vaskez and he used a similar way of delivery that shake-spear has done before. Overall he had the better punch for me, the voting was close but as I predicted my man Apo could not be toppled and took the battle 6-5. This week he faces off against Spektikul, looking to defend his title again.

Contendership Match: 3. Mr. Key vs. 4. Spektikul

..Everyone knows your tough...Ill still own the con-tender here..
..You know we Miss Terkey cause we serve you more than once a year..

VS.
Kid is garbage, s'why Key cant be stopped from winnin
Spek's like a poor chef....cause his skillets jus not sufficient

Just looking at this battle, I can’t believe Spek managed to come with that half-assed shit and still pulled away with an easy win. I’m not going to say change your approach, you don’t mess with a winning style. But, I don’t think it will work against Apotropaic. Right, down to the battle, Spek dropped a Miss Terkey play to the Mr. Key name, it didn’t really work for me but the fact that everyone apart from 2 people voted for Spektikul means that it apparently did work. Either that, or people really don’t know what they are talking about. Either way, not to rag on Spek because he is cool and all, but if the voting would’ve been different then he more than likely would’ve taken the no-show win instead.

5. Fraud vs. 6. Hopesfall

Words BURNING you brain cells, you've stepped too far into HELL, so I'm releasing the inner DEMON
and this verbal war you'll be like DEAD Navy soldiers, just a waste of semen

VS.
Nothing.

A stretched bar from Fraud, and the playedness of the concept was weak to, so to call this battle I’ve just got to say that Fraud is lucky that Hopesfall pulled a no-show. The punch was weak as hell, it was stretched like fuck and overall Fraud is a lucky motherfucker.

7. Crazy Hades vs. 8. Apostrophe

You Dont Wanna Brawl... Kids Prepubescent..Not To Mention Wack..
I Mean.. This Is The Kid.. Who Didnt Wanna Hit Puberty..
.................................................. Cuz He Was Scared It'd Hit Back....

VS.
I admit it…Apostrophe is okay, even the kids are trying to reach him,
just ‘cuz Apo is so pasty, all the Kindergarteners are trying to eat him.

Crazy Hades has been going well, but his run came to an end, not to rag on him because he got beat by someone you would expect to beat him. Hades dropped for me a fairly weak punch, especially when compared to his other punches. Apostrophe came with a decent punch this time, at least for me it was funny, the concept of hitting something, then it hitting back has been done before, but this was a nice flip on an old concept. Deservingly so, Apostrophe came away with the win to move back up in the rankings.

9. Theory vs. 10. Infinite1

Kid just stop with ya fighting. original? propping the biting
listen, ain't no one mimic ya style.. they just mocking your writing
VS.
Kid I know you're al-bum, cuz i'll take this freebie
I peeped your initials & read ya punch
...telling I1 was easy

This was an easy battle to call, Infinite1 had a weak bar to begin with and the fact that Theory exposed him for biting it made it even worse. Nevertheless Theory still had a far better punch. Again, he came with a nice punch, the setup to the punch wasn’t all that good but he made up for it with a dope little nameplay in the punchline. He moves up in the rankings and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Theory in the Championship Match soon.

11. DoContinue vs. 12. 9th Degree

I'm known as original, and don't want that to stop for a while
So I can't drop generic punches, 'cuz I'd be jockin' your style

VS.
KORV? tha king of iron fist... well, 9th is Tekken this loss wit shame
cuz after I give him this game over, he'll still be screamin my name

Despite the fact that the votes showed 9th Degree dominating this battle, it was actually quite close. Both had decent punches, 9th Degree played off something that DC had said earlier and he delivered a nice punch. Then DC dropped a punch with nice wordplay, but he failed to execute the punch that well, and the fact that he had to explain shit meant it lost even more affect. Overall, DC was his own downfall as his explanations ruined his punch and 9th took every vote apart from the first one.

13. L.I. vs. 14. DaTrusHurtz

Trus the worst period. time to get ta work right..
the way everyone double D we might need a support site
VS.
Girls ALWAYS cancel on you, they hate this queer
They give ya so many rainchecks...
... you could fund the Amazon for years

This had the ingredients to be a dope battle, both capable of dropping dope punches and both with a somewhat similar style. L.I. disappointed here though, despite his punch not being understood by some people, I don’t know why though, the concept was used up and delivered weak. DTH dropped yet another decent punch with a nice bit of wordplay even though some thought it was strange. Anyway, he took almost all the votes and won this battle with relative ease to move back up in the rankings.

15. GreatnesS vs. 16. Status

Greatness? who the fuck are you? nobody knows this Mc
only got 64 post since July, and there all in the punchline league
VS.
crushed in a circular shape, thats what u entered to be,
so i'll call you radius cuz ur whole game's centered on me ..

First off, Status what the fuck was that??
The funny thing is that he used that excuse of “oh, I thought it was a no-show” like that makes up for it being total bullshit. A punchline is 2 lines and really doesn’t take a lot of strenuous thought and effort, so the fact that it was wack for me is down to your skill. Maybe you are dried for concepts or something though, because you can drop good. Anyway, Greatness brought a weak punch to but the fact that Status dropped total ass meant that Greatness had a pretty easy battle and took the win.