View Single Post
Old 11-16-05, 09:38 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

ok, nice full-bodied beat. The vocals are about 2-3dB's too high. The hook was ehh okay. - shoulda also added some more reverb to em to make it easier to distinguish a hook form the verse since the feel of the sound would be different.

First verse: the flow is usually pretty good, once a blue a stumble but I've seen mainstreamers make the same mistake. The lyrics are nice and relevant, sticks to a topic so that alone keeps my attention. The first verse seems shorter than a 16 for some reason.

The second verse didn't have the same topic as the first one so it made the song seem random. You should have also switched up your flow for the second verse since it was starting to soudn a little redundant - add to that the straying topic and I started to 'zone out' and not lsiten, but just hear it. The first verse I listened the whole way through intently. Not a bad song, but the main thing that stands out as a flat spot is the hook. I'd re-write the hook and re-spit the second verse and make this the song that it could be, instead of the song that it is. Not BAD by any means, jsut not GREAT. I'd listen to it again.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote