View Single Post
Old 11-17-05, 03:18 PM   #21
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
I'll cop something i think i need studio headphones thanks for the idea. So what's a good place...Best BUY???Are these good and can i get 'em there???

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ronics&v=glance

The description is nice, but you gotta understand that the information there dosen't tell me anything at all cept that the drivers are 40mm. That dosent' mean they're good, that dosen't mean they're bad, it's just an objective measurement. Without a frequency response chart it'd be impossible to tell you weather ANY piece of equipment is good or bad just by looking at the exterior and evne an FRC isn't the most vivid picture (since you need to know how fast the diaphragm reacts - which they don't tell you), but it gets you in the ballpark. But jusdging soley on appearances and "great for this and that!"is liek buying a mic simply on appearances though you got no idea how good or not good it works.

Hit a music store and ask em to try it, like Geetar Center. The have demos of literally everything they have and rooms you can go test em in. I went through about 6 headphones before I decided on the ones I got - so they're well used to this. Looking at pictures alone is highly misleading.

* When you look for headphones and you're not looking to spend $250 on some super high-end monitor headphones, look for the one that has the cleanest bass (instead of sounding like gravel in a tin-can) and crisp and alive, vivid vocals. They shouldn't have any hiss as all (like no good mic or headphone will) and they shouldn't be too far into the treble or too far into the bass. Make sure it sounds the most crisp in the range of the sound spectrum that you actually use - which for rap is mids and lows.

PS, bring your own choice of CD and songs beore you hit the store because you know it already - you know the neuances of the tracks and you'll quicker spot anything thats turned down or shit you never knew that was there. AND BRING CRYSTAL CLEAR PROFESSIONAL TRACKS!

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote