View Single Post
Old 11-27-05, 04:18 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Idea: Your recording habits are pretty good, you don't move around a lot while you record so it makes keeping the volume constant a real breeze and also meant I could employ some tactics that'll make your vocals sound even more alive and life-like than someone who moved around a lot.

Mic: Samson C01U. This mic was "ehhh ok" when I first heard it. Sounds more like a good dynamic than it does a condenser, but with some polish, this is what I got:

http://acapellauploads.dmusic.com - the difference starts at about 30 seconds in.

What I did:

I turned up the noise gate to 35% of max in order to cut out the extra soudns liek the instrumental formyour headphones, various fans, shit liek that. Still kepy your vocals clean and clear. The vocal compressor is also up about 35% of max which leveld off your volume on your lyrics so some words don't sound liek youre SHOUTING while others sounds like you're trying to keep a secret.. The reverb and echo respectively are both turned up extremely low - sub 10%, just neough to soften the sound with the echo and melt it toward a beat more via the reverb.

The EQing levels, I boosted the low frequencies (aka Bass) 30% to add more thickness to your vocals, cus the mic stripped or just flat out cut a lot of it, then opened up your vocals and added a shitload of clarity by boosting the midrange frequencies all 70%. The frequency of your mids was also turned up which opened up your sound a lot more as well, but to offset all the sizzzle and sharp sounds that was on it at the time, the high frequencies (aka Treble) were then turned down 48% of max.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote