View Single Post
Old 11-29-05, 12:13 PM   #20
leady
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Ok, leady just talked a load of shit about internet radio.. So here is something actually worth taking into consideration...
you lined yourself up to look stupid with ur own comment

Your not wrong... And its good for artists to get a tiny bit of listeners through the internet aswell. But the internet is people spread over vast areas. Which isnt a buzz. What you get is a situation where, peeps will hear your music but not talk about you off the net because they dont expect any of their friends to be even remotly aware of your existance and unless your something over the top and literally on some real hot shit... People aint gonna go to any real trouble to tell anyone about your music...
the radio stations i mentioned are online, but they are the only ones i can use for an example and give u an indication of exactly what it is, they are both based in the UK, and mainly listened to by UK heads, admittidly it doesnt mean they will talk about me offline, but when u concider the amount of listeners and the amount of contacts they have within the industry, im not about to say no now am i??? nope am i fuck, ive been on the show before, had a live battle with alex blood(from blood & jones) who happen to be very well known and respected within our scene, it helps create a buzz for me around the country, aswell as with the few listeners from other countries including australia and america

What you need to be doing is not worrying about singular people over the internet hearing your music. What you need to do is to begin locally. Start getting out there and being heard around the area you live in.. Do some market research, find out what people want to hear, generate a product that is professional sounding and really fresh, new and individual. And attack that shit full force and work your way onto radios, get your tapes being cranked all over town etc etc etc
this is some what true, but that all depends where you are from, for example, over here, most of that isnt needed, the UK is generally open minded for new styles and new sounds e.t.c so u just be yourself and drop what u do, its also generally very close, in a sense that everybody helps each other, where as in america, its totally the opposite everybody is tryna stop the next man getting shine so he can get it himself, so it all depends on where you are from... also just generally promoting to radio stations e.t.c be them online ones or offline ones, provided they are known and respected by people in the industry where you live, it doesnt matter as it will open doors for you eventually

That way you will be creating a real buzz and not just.... "some shit I seen on the net".... Cause while its best to do a mixture of both these days... The cats that jus hear you on the net.........And exactly doing you much good realistically...
this again is generally very true, but once again if the online station is respected and known by people in the industry(and the fans/listeners will know this) they will most likely talk about u offline if they liked ur shit, because they know u must have something going for you to be put up there with the names they allready know, respect and possibly look up to.

yup, i still stand to be corrected