View Single Post
Old 12-01-05, 03:16 PM   #3
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher
Voted For: Mad Dog

Mad Dog - Good verse, although it was a little short and could've been better, not your usual level of quality. Your flow is a lot better though since the last time I heard you, you stay with the beat more now and I see you've got that vocal volume shit sorted, no more of the standard level with parts where you seem to shout, it was all crisp. You had some nice punches in your verse, the battery concept was nice but could've been used to better affect, the Prince personal was funny, I laughed my ass off at that, and the spastic shit was nice to. You did the talking shit to at the end and what gets me is that some of the shit you said at the end when you was talking....well you had some material in the speech that could've been used to make your verse longer, like the X-factor shit, you could've used that for a few disses, that would've had me rolling. Overall though you had a better verse just about. 6.5/10

IG - Yeah, you had a nice verse altogether, I think the overall flow of the verse was cool, especially in the second part where you switched your style. Firstly though, I would like to point out that whilst little introductions to your track are cool, and its ok to do a bit of talking before you rip your opponent, I think you overdid it. You had like 30 seconds of you mumbling shit, then you dropped about 10-15 seconds of dissing before switching your style. So that whole "you thought I was done" comment was pretty pointless because nobody would think you are finished already. The second part to your diss was nice though, you ripped on his verse and then started talking on the textcee shit which worked nicely, I also liked the way you used the "Dog" references in your verse, nicely done and not overused. Overall, your diss was nice and all, I just think the starting part let you down really. 6/10

Overall, this was close, Mad Dog didn't really bring his best shit in this battle, but narrowly got the win. The basic aspect of this battle is that IG spent too much time talking and I wasn't really feeling his start. If he would've continued a little longer and then switched up his style it would've worked better, but for me he rushed into the second part and then brought decent punches. Basically, he had a weak beginning and a stong finish, Mad Dog was consistent throughout his verse with a pretty decent diss so I give the win to him in this battle.

V/ - Mad Dog

No hate y'all.

Oh and, return the favour on this battle plz...

http://community.rapverse.com/showb...ad.php?t=213623

too much time talking?...lmao... he spent just as much time at the END of his verse... wow... and you think i over did it...wow...

bold part... that's the only real reason i lost that vote?...lmao

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE