View Single Post
Old 12-03-05, 06:09 PM   #5
Blay'all

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
^ Fuck that. If I'm more qualified then a minority I should be given the job. It would piss me off to no end if some random minority got the job that I've worked harder, and have a bigger and better backround in, just because he is a minority. If somebody gets taken instead of me by a company I want to know that it's because they'd do better, and beat me out in credentials, not because they're a different race and I'm white. Your great big solution is "deal with it?" Are you fucking serious?

This would have to be one of the first times that I agree with Indeph in a race related thread, because in this thread he's right. Affirmative action shouldn't be a solution and it's a disappoint that right now it's being used as one.

okay, i almost agreed with all of that if you read my post, except for the fact that affirmative action shouldnt exist

so, you're saying its better for all minorities to remain at the bottom of the workforce and never have an opportunity (yes opportunity, it starts in college) to do anything better with their lives than for a few whites to not get jobs because our society is fucked up? i admitted that its not perfect, and its just a temporary fix, butsomething has to be done

im just sayin a few whites not getting a job is worth it in the long run if its gonna help fix a major problem in our society

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★