View Single Post
Old 12-03-05, 06:51 PM   #1
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

Keystyle Firday?

IP:

I originally saw this idea done on b-boys, and it looked like it might be an alright activity for heads on this site as well. Now I saw they tried to do something like this in the Open Mic forum, but Blunt'Ed. doesn't know how to run things. I aslo saw Nos had an idea like this a while back, but nothing ever happened from it.

This is my variation of "Keystyle Friday".

How it'd go down:
First off, this is all text. Why? Because the majority of this site is still text. Still a moron? Because most audio heads on this site would need more than 10 minutes in order to record a freestyle and get the quality to their liking.
And yes, I said 10 minutes.
Every Friday, a thread would be created for sign-ups for that week's battle. For the first week, 2 text heads would be chosen at random to face off against each other. Then a thread would be made for their battle. How would we know it's a keystyle? After the creation of the thread, each battler would have 10 minutes to drop or they would lose by no-show, no exceptions. Other heads casually browsing the Lyricist Lounge (which is why it should be held in this forum) would vote on who they think won. Voting would probably end the same night, or maybe sometime Saturday. Then the next week, there would be another sign-up thread, to determine the challenger.
If a battler can go undefeated for three weeks, his/her reign would end, and the spot of champion would be open to 2 new battlers the following week. After stepping down from being champ, he/she would be elligible to compete again. However, it would take a while to be accepted as a challenger, so more heads could get a chance.

That's the basic layout of it all. So, what do you guys think?
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.