Thread: Paki
View Single Post
Old 12-05-05, 05:11 PM   #11
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP:

Paki is a racist term, Daubs your logic is very flawed and I will prove that to be the case...

Paki is just like any other offensive word, the reason why it is offensive is not solely or even slightly because of what the word actually means or has been derived from, but because of the reason WHY it is used...hence if it is used by people to be offensive, then it is and will be offensive - The word Paki was used by racists (it was supposed to be a deragatory term for Pakistanis), and is still used by racists hence Pakistanis (like myself) find it offensive if it used by a person...

It is just like 'nigger' - The fact is, if you minus the history of the word nigger and the type of people it was intentionally used by as a deragatory term (the racists) then you could argue that there is nothing wrong with the actual word because it is derived from Negro which is an acceptable term...however, this is taking the word nigger out of context, and its history, and the fact it too was invented to be used as an offensive term....

Your logic is horribly flawed because you assume Paki is just a short word for Pakistani, and can be used instead of the latter....your assumption is wrong, because I do not know if you are aware, but racist motherfuckers use that term...whereas terms like Brit, they are not offensive because when they were first used and in the majority of cases when they are used now, their purpose is NOT to be offensive....

Now you could argue why Paki should be offensive, same way you can argue why Nigger should be offensive (I know the big difference between the two terms in terms of history) and that people should not find it offensive if it is not said to offend...however, go tell that to every single person who has been insulted with these terms, only for being who they are - besides, nothing is that easy...why should people like you be able to use terms that were popularly used by racists....just use the word Pakistani or Negro (for black people), or even Asian (something people do not find offensive in Britain when used to refer to people from the subcontinent)....

As for the part about the cricket commentators...that is bullshit - I watch cricket, and I have no idea which cricket you have been watching (probabaly some shit by the BNP maybe?), commentators NEVER and have NEVER used the term Paki as it is politically uncorrect, and rest assured if they did, you would find them receiving many complaints...

So drop your flawed logic, or try to reason with me....