Thread: Paki
View Single Post
Old 12-05-05, 05:26 PM   #17
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
-If i was asian and someone called me a paki, id be like...yeah your a brit..

It is not offencive unless stated in an abusive tone.

Now i understand what your saying, but fuckin dicke bird etc regularly say it in cricket commentating.

Australia = aussies
West ndies = windys
Pakistan = pakis

How can it be derogotary, when its just a shortened version, nickname if you like.

Paki is an offensive term, because it is used by racists to refer to Pakistani - so instead of blaming me for finding it offensive, why don't you blame yourself for not being able to use a more appropriate term?

It is deragatory because that is what the purpose of it is - Now once again, as I mentioned in my last post and as you argue, why should it be offensive if it is used as a shortened term?

Considering this word is used by racists, how do I know who uses it to offend and who uses it as a shortened version?

Instead of blaming me, blame yourselves for not being able to use another alternative - the fact is, the history of this word is so that it has been used predominately by racists with the sole purpose to offend, so why should I accept it as a viable term that can be used to describe me?

So fuck being lazy, and just use Pakistani - as I said, I accept Paki is a shorter version but the context of the word is not so that it can be used by the ordinary man - people still use this word to offend people like me...

Again, I have no idea about that cricket commentator....if he uses it though, it does not mean he is correct....he might or you might use it without a bad intention, but try telling that to people who are insulted daily simply because it was initially used to insult...and that's it