Thread: Paki
View Single Post
Old 12-06-05, 06:01 PM   #45
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicKnife
Ok, so that is America and Australia......if I agree with you - Do not take my words out of context, if you cared to read the rest I came to mention the specific place of U.K, which is what I was directly referring to....I am from the U.K and so is Daubs - I have specifically mentioned the U.K in many places, and as my post to sonic shows I have no idea if that word is insulting in America....

But if that is your strongest reply, then fuck, you might as well not have posted....

Racist guys are always dumbasses.....you try and act like Paki was all happily used when it first came into to being in the U.K, but no, it was from the word go used by racists because they could not bear to be respectful enough to refer to Pakistanis as Pakistanis...hence they gave the word a negative meaning, used it as an insult and disparaging term...this is what you need to understand, this is the U.K...

If a word has been associated to describe you negatively and insult you, and was not introduced by you, then why should you have to accept it?

Why should you have to accept a word that has such a meaning behind it? The answer is, you should not....

And finally read up in the dictionary...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paki

It is an offensive slang in the U.K, and if you are not sure what an offensive slang is, nigger falls in the same category....

It wasnt an argument, just an observation. Im just saying its a stupid thing to be offended by.. the people that used it in a derogatory way are idiots, and pakistanis who were first offended by it are idiots. If I was a racist british dude, i'd call them something that was actually offensive, like sand nigger or "shitskin" because their skin is brown. Its easy to think of better racist terms than paki. Its like japanese getting angry at people calling them japs, or australians getting angry at people calling them aussies.

And dont misunderstand me again, im not trying to make you not get offended by it, im just saying the word and the racial connotations it carries are stupid.

It isnt the same as the word nigger, by the way. Nigger isnt and abbreviation of their races actual name, it is describing the part of them that caused them to be perceived as a lower race, their skin... And theres a huge history behind it.