View Single Post
Old 12-18-05, 08:32 PM   #81
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Sorry to say it Rev, but having old history books isn't going to do a lot. History will be mostly the same if it's a new book or a fifty year old book, it's just not up to recent times and we pretty much know the things that have happened recently.

Also, the book Speaker For the Dead seems pretty much a metaphor to the AIDS thing to me, because it tells about the Descolada virus that was not at all lethal to the natives on that planet but through interaction humans contracted it, and they can't leave or else they spread death in their wake. Still, they had never genetically tested the natives to that planet learn about them like we have done with apes. What the fuck does a book have to do with anything? Not much.

Anyway, Joey:

vi·rus
n. pl. vi·rus·es

Any of various simple submicroscopic parasites of plants, animals, and bacteria that often cause disease and that consist essentially of a core of RNA or DNA surrounded by a protein coat. Unable to replicate without a host cell, viruses are typically not considered living organisms.
A disease caused by a virus.
Something that poisons one's soul or mind: the pernicious virus of racism.

You highlighted that part, but not the part where it says 'typically'. I believe Dooms has pretty much stated AIDS is not like any other virus?

Still, whatever. I don't know that much of biology.