Thread: Fasting
View Single Post
Old 12-19-05, 08:41 PM   #33
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

fasting is done for numerous reasons, whether it be religion or health, or just a personal preference....

one thing is for sure... if you do it long enough it's supposed to rid the body of its impurities.... such as the additives and chemicals we put in our bodies on a daily basis.... most foods are treated to last longer and to preserve flavor and shyt like that... the bad part about it is that you can develop a body odor as your body starts to heal itself to a more natural state... cleanliness should be a top priority if you're gonna fast this way.... and drink plenty of water... it helps to flush the system a lot faster... plus, most people don't drink the recommended 8 cups on a daily basis anyway...

spiritually, it's said to relieve the mind of stress ... maybe even relaxes you to a certain degree... some folks do it because it's written that way in their religion.... i'd be lying if i said i knew the specifics on that, so i'll just let you look it up... i know the muslims do it... so do catholics... i'm sure they have their reasons

i have abstained from certain items but i wouldn't really consider that fasting.... anything less than a few days ain't fasting to me.... hell, there's been days that i just didn't feel like eating or been too busy to think about food.... but i wouldn't say i was fasting... fasting is a deliberate attempt at not eating for a certain period of time... a few hours ain't fasting to me...lol... i usually wait hours between meals anyway so that would be a normal thing to me....

but yeah.... it's a test of will-power, self-discipline, and commitment

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote