View Single Post
Old 12-30-05, 05:15 AM   #26
Ca'lam
The Light

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikky
Any mic can be good quality if you mix it with the right recording programs, or, especially for studio recordings, the right P.A. & Mixer.

I record from home at the moment on a budget "Warehouse" Headphone set with a mic that cost me about NZ$20 and I've got some damn good quality coming out because of my programs.

You could spend heaps to get the best ... or you could spend less and create your own

Knowing quite a bit about quality and studio equipment, i must say your wrong. Quality of an underground/independent artist HIGHLY depends on your equipment and set up.. a 20 dollar mic would get shat on by any condensor mic and cool edit..

your right. not everyone can mix, unless you have a mixing/mastering team at your disposal, your equipment matter a lot..

if you know how to use cool edit effectively or the prog you use i.e Nuendo or other progs like that, thats around half the battle, but equipment is the other half... but i'd say dont waste 60 dollars or more on a crappy mic, when for 199 (207 with tax) you can get an AKG 2000, which Alcatrakz used/might still use.. and his quality was off the chain.. its all about your setup.. booth/cables/Monitor/area noise/ Monitor is probably the biggest and most overlooked quality issue.. a monite helps you tweak your vocals so you can hear the small things that make your vocals not so clear and shit.. really important.. but if you really want better quality, I'd suggest you go learn about these things and what actually makes good quality and why it is.. otherwise your jsut wasting your money buying anything..

Hope i've enlightened you guys

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup