View Single Post
Old 01-06-06, 01:49 AM   #38
Germ
in your system

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalz
One thing i've always wondered... how is "vocab" judged? I mean. theres not very many words in this piece I DONT use in a normal conversation. It seems to me some people have broader expanses of vocab that they use; are use to using and find it natural to incorporate it in there work. Not my fault 3rd grade drop outs have to buy a dictionary (not dissin anyone by any means).

Cali, I got about 1/2 threw My Nation, owever im tired as shit im going to crit tomarrow.

Peace.

most people can judge vocab because they don't understand it, so anything that appears in anyway intelligent, its immediately 'over-vocabbing'....but the way i judge vocab, is consistency, and diversity...i like to read pieces where people have an expanded vocab and really have a handle on it...i.e you, daz, atticus...like most people try and use expanded vocab, but end up just rhyming it at the end, and then everything else is simplistic......you are a good writer, knowledgable, and vocab is one of your strong points because you have to ability to describe your story with specific and appropriate wording....which is good, and also a good talent to have....

its one of my peeves on this site where people say "lay back on the vocab, dude", because how are you suppose to say that....that's like asking, "hey, next time you write, take off a few points of intelligence, so everyone else can understand", it doesn't make sense

thats why i want to be the second mod of this forum, because i'm active everyday, and if i was mod, i'd be mostly in here, giving pointers, leaving feedback on pretty much everything, but apparantly bonecollector is doing a heck of a job running this thing, ....

yeah, thats my random rant, i thought i'd just go on about something cause i'm bored, and this is a good piece, wasn't it a battle you had? dopenesss
keep up

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote