View Single Post
Old 01-27-06, 11:34 PM   #19
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
We only complain because our people are supposed to be sooooo equal when you know damn well that's not true. Lots of shit eventually gets blamed on black people. For example, people are under the illusion that a bunch of black people are on welfare and it's all our fault that the country has to pay for it when in all actuality, white people are on welfare more than black people even by the percentages.

Plus, the fact that our people were oppressed leaves us with almost no history. For a 200 year block in time, all my history is some slave songs, some rebellions and a couple smart black folks' essays. You white people however have that whole period of time to advance as a society and gain knowledge. Then when we weren't under slavery anymore, YOUR people thought my people were idiots because they never had the chance and all that shit carries to this day.

I don't dislike white people or want to "complain" but the shit that is the truth gets looked down on as if it isn't such. I can't even try to speak truth without getting a bunch of sarcasm 99% of the time.

Thank you soc. Thank you.