View Single Post
Old 02-13-06, 03:28 AM   #177
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Excuse me?

Yeah fine.. Get all petty about it then.. But lets take a little history lesson...

Cival war in the united states ended in 1865.. THAT, was the official end of slavery as the social order in the southern states was essentually turned upside down and negro's were not only allowed the vote, but also given the right to actually take revenge on their previous slave masters and around that time people would complain that the punishments handed down to negro offenders for crimes such as murder and rape etc were extremily light and often non-existant.... THIS was back when there was real wide spread racism. I'm sure your familiar with the carpet baggers and the lead up to what we know today as the Klu Klux Klan..

Now, I'm not going to bore you with all the facts about that era because seeing as you act like your some kind of smart ass that actually knows what the fuck hes talking about.. Surly you already know it all. But after the downfall of the popularity of these movements. Racism continued to play a large factor in shaping the social order of the united states for a further 90 years untill around 1960 and 1970 and onward as all the generations that actually were involved in the more racist periods began to basically.... Die off...

Today we live in what would be considered the aftermath of all this. While racism still exists in a far smaller quantity... We live in a society where anybody of any race can actually rise up and become anything they want.. There is no secret force holding people back.. And this has been proven by (as I've said previously) the fact that there are so many negros holding successful careers in everything ranging from law, all forms of media, politics, medicine, science, retail and the list goes on and on and on....

What YOUR getting mixed up with, is thinking that poverty is something that is directed soley towards your race and everyone else is living with fat pockets and sky high opportunity. Which... (better sit down for this one) isnt the case......

And what is the best argument you could come up with?

And I'm sure that in this case.. You would be 100% correct.. But the fact is that this is not a normal situation.. And as I said.. It would only happen in around 5% of cases..

So in closing... Get your head the fuck out of the clouds and realise that the only thing holding ANYBODY back is themselves.. And possibly the lack of money.. But poverty is NOT selective of race so dont EVEN try and pull that card...

Racism is NOT a fairy tale. Racism is real. But we are NOT living in times where it is a defining factor as to why so many black people seem to be getting dogged out... And you've just gone for the most pathetic defence mechanism possible by trying to act like I didnt know what I was talking about..

I THOUGHT you would have known better....

I was gunna respond until I saw Indeph handled my lightweight. Thanks son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~High-Dro~
giving black people money isnt going to give them a history...and im not saying black people dont have a history. You Did.

I don't think it will give us a history, it will just bring out into the open what there is and what still goes on today. I said the lack of the history is WHY the reparations should be paid.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!