View Single Post
Old 02-14-06, 04:21 PM   #25
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Okay, first off, you are still fucking talking about the civil war. Some poeple said it was a way to show Americans would fight to the death to preserve their rights. You're going to be brave if you fight for your country and do heroic deeds. The point I was showing is right here:

Quote:
I can handle doing the Pledge of Allegiance, that's me honoring the people who have ensured that our country survives, and their bravery is the foundation of America. Sadly, the brave mostly died in events like the Civil War, which showed people 'America will do anything to protect itself', but then a good deal of the people who had a sense of honor were killed.

Note I said events like the Civil War, which is basically meaning a war like the Revolution, where people fought to protect their rights. Also note where I said 'a good deal of people who had a sense of honor were killed', meaning that people with the honor to fight for what they believed in were killed. Does that have anything to do with slavery or why they were fighting? I wasn't asking you to expand on a statement like saying why I am proud to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

You can say I'm deep and ignorant all you want just because I'm not going into long details about things said in passing like what I was talking about with the American Civil War and a brief explanation of why I can say it without complaint. Does me not going into the reasons for the Civil War mean that I don't know about the Civil War and means I'm not 'deep' when it comes to it?

Seriously, you're getting annoying once you assume that I'm talking about what I don't know. I know what the fucking civil war was about, and the statement

Quote:
because all you see is a bunch of information you never knew
most means either that I know nothing about the Civil War or religion. For one, I know plenty about the Civil War, I don't need a lecture about it. As for religion, I know enough of it to question it, I never claimed to hold a monopoly over religious knowledge.

I'm looking to try and see your point, and some of it makes sense, but for one, the civil war thing is expounding on what I said about why I don't feel forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

When I said you can measure how deep I am means if you have looked through my memories, you can see where I've expanded on certain ideas and former debates you haven't seen. I feel no need to have to talk about the civil war and the reasons behind it. You can see how deep I am by watching me talking to you, but you couldn't figure that out precisely by looking through memories of my past to see other times I've debated?

Unless you haven't noticed, the topic is 'has America become a godless society', and I don't have to list reasons about why I dislike certain aspects of religion. I know you probably know more about religion than me, I'd like to see you quote me where I've said that you don't. When someone asks the name of your parents, do you also tell them the name of your grandparents and the rest of your pedigree?