Thread: H.D. vs Venture
View Single Post
Old 02-15-06, 01:48 PM   #19
H.D.
Middle Weight

IP:

^

I count punches more than anything else in battles personally... but there are alot of other factors to consider... structure, interlocking rhymes, multies, Vocabulary, creativeness, complexity, emotion, enjoyment...

Flow, & Cadance: If you drop all punches but your verse is very ocward and doesn't flow... there's a pretty good chance I'm not gonna vote for you... I don't think of anyone posting up rhymes as just a text head... so everything you post should be able to be spit...

Enjoyment: If the verse in question looks like it would only be good in text chances are I really didn't enjoy the read and you're not gonna get my vote...

Complexity: If the verse in question looks like a Dr. Sues rhyme, or Nelly type of Mother Goose spit, I generally am not impressed... thus if there aren't any impressive interlocking rhymes, multies, a resulting cadance, or a decent vocab, I'm counting that against the verse...

Emotion: If one verse just feels to be alot more harsh than the other... I'm usually gonna lean in that direction... in this case I was just flat out mean... I didn't throw too many punches at all... but I was just flat out harsh in my statements, and that's what I think swayed Antic's vote... and general disrespect usually sways votes... look at when El-p smashed Sole ... he used Sole's respect for Company Flow against him... just smash ya comp and shake hands when its over if you really respect em

vocab: the bigger the word in the right context, without using anything arcane... just makes it easier to use more multies, and interlocking rhymes through out ya verse...

Personals: Are just directly related punches to your opponant... But if you have personals by they're very nature they should be heavily counted in a battle...

You threw most of the punches in this battle... but none of them were terribly hard... and other than structure there were no other stand out catagories you really won in... I think the votes are turning out this way because of that...

\....../
\..../
\../
A.I.

Spilled Inc.

Send a message via AIM to H.D. Send a message via MSN to H.D. Send a message via Yahoo to H.D.