View Single Post
Old 03-08-06, 10:29 PM   #9
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
I hear ya, man...

and I aint mad at emcees for signin a deal, Lord knows if the oppertunity was to arise, I'd do the same thing.

What I'm mad at tho is when emcees start singin on tracks, forgettin there roots....and dumbin down rhymes for the world.

Theres mainstream artists out there who dont dumb down rhymes and are just as popular as ja rule...or LL cool J, thats what pisses me off about the mainstream

the likes of 50 cent, I have nothin but respect for...dude puts out a mixtape every 2 weeks (g-unit radio), he trys to sign every available emcee with a dope track record of droppin anthems...He's what mainstream artists aim to be.

I definately dont agree with ''I hate rap cause of 50''..he doesnt give it a bad name.

Agreed, there is no such thing as "I hate rap because of a weak emcee"...like it or not, your least favorite emcee is still making money, because they are making music that tha people who are buying their record wanna hear. 50 cent is making tha music he's making today because tha people who buy it wanna hear it. ANd i have no doubt in my mind that if any one of these kids on this board were in 50's shoes, you would do tha same....

Oh and Carmelo still comes on this site regulary? Damn.....roflllllllllllll

J DOT