View Single Post
Old 03-23-06, 12:37 AM   #3
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP:

"If I [Jesus] bear witness of myself, my witness is not true." (John 5:31)
He is saying that if he witnessed about himself, no one will believe him, but because John testifies about him people will accept that. Keep reading Serb, and you would get that.

"I [Jesus] am one that bear witness of myself..." (John 8:18)
While God is the other one that bears witness. He is saying to the Pharisees that their law states that the testimony of two men is true, and they are saying that his testimony of himself is not true, but the Father and himself give testimonies of himself, which therefore is two people so it must be true.

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being ... the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli..."(Luke 3:23)
of Heli, 3:24 the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph. Keep on quoting Serb, don't just stop where it proves your point.

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?" (John 10:34)
Jesus was quoting a Psalm in this passage, which was regarding how it was common practice to refer to the judges as gods because of their 'divine power' to penalize their fellow man, but they are not said to be blasphememing and yet when he claims to be the Son of God they stone him. That is his arguement.

"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh...." (Romans 1:3)
Mearly stating that he is a descendent of David, but he is more than human, but because you left off 'with reference to the flesh' it seems that he was a normal birth, but it wasn't.

"And I [Jesus] say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do." (Luke 12:4)

"Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple..." (John 8:59)

"After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because Jews sought to kill him." (John 7:1)
Jesus had to be crucified in order to free the world of its sin, so being murdered with stones would not constitute to save the world, so he is saving us when he hides. He is telling his disciples to not be afraid of death, because those who believe will be saved.

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I [Jesus] tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three." (Luke 12:51-2)

"Think not that I [Jesus] have come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

"...for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
He is saying that he is not here to bring peace to the believers and non believers, but is referring to the divisions and purging that he creates. Also, the verse before it says that he must undergo a baptism (or persecution, torture, and death) which will divide the world even more. He is saying what will happen by his death.

I will finish this tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.