View Single Post
Old 03-27-06, 04:47 AM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Final answer to you question

History is a matter of accepting what seems to be the most accurate account of what happened. That's a fact. No one knows exactly what happened at any point, let alone 10000000000000 of years ago. We've all seen the experiment where you have agroup of people who all witness an event. Then, when you question the group, everyone has a different response. Well, in that sense, history is an act of "faith" and believing what's more true based on the preponderance of evidence presented. Therefore, when we all argue here, of course anyone has the right to talk about historical events and subjects. YOu don't have to be an expert on something to have an opinion on it. But, my problem was with people who were quoting things that weren't even in the bible. Then, they make outrageous statements that NO SCIENTISTS ANYWHERE corroborates--e.g., Mimesis' claim that human life began in Asia and not Africa. Also, I specifically gave the example of a science technique that obviously anyone can study, but that most don't know first hand about. My point was that if people are going to make claims, at least be able to corroborate it or back it up through experience (for the things that you can experience). Most of the people here simply cite what they heard or they THINK they know. It's amazing when you grow up, you realize how much of what you heard isn't even verifiable, or documented. It's just been passed down. When I quote the bible, it's there. If it's simply my belief, I state that. I have a problem with people who act like they know the bible but haven't studied it.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote