View Single Post
Old 04-12-06, 10:13 AM   #9
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

IP:

ARTIK...
yes, rock artists glamourize drug use and things but honestly, that was more-so in the past, not current times...you don't generally hear rock stations playing those kinds of songs on the radio...right now, rap is obsessed with violence, I hope rappers wake up from this "phase" and stop causing their own demise because of the things they say in their raps...maybe one day they'll realize (like the rockers) that they're withering away and dying off because of what they "embody" to other people...most rock groups out now are sober as far as hard drugs, they liQuor up but that's it...most rockers are actually decent role models to kids these days, example: Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink182...what rapper can you honestly say is a decent role model to kids, besides maybe LL Cool J?...and you can't even really say him cuz he hasn't come out recently off the top as a new artist...rappers like Young Jeezy wanna talk about how they (ex. the Snowman) represent the "hood struggle" and shit, but all they're doing is representing the drug game...and kids out there eat this shit up like candy, I can't agree with that...kids idolize and want to embody what they see, either parents need to take a bigger role and teach their kids it's just a persona that the record label is marketing, or artists need to take responsibility for the fans they have, and speak about things that are positive

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote