Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 12:32 PM   #24
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Yeah I feel you, I love allllllllll types of music. I'm extremly open minded, but hip hop to me is mad personal, and having other genres of music be considered hip hop just makes hip hop seem like some secondary genre. You get what I'm sayin? Saying hip hop is just spoken word with rhythm is like saying singing is just speaking with a melody, and rock is just plucking strings. I swear the rhyme schemes of rap will actually make me discover shit and I didnt even intend on writing it. The flow and rhyme scheme and even delivery of hip hop bring out a completly different feel and definetly a more wide variety of lyrical content. Hip Hop is its own thing, if people wanna be a part of it, they better learn to spit.

werd... i definitely feel you on that one... that's why it dumbfounds me to see kats spit shyt like laffy taffy and be succesful... no one appreciates a lyricist who takes the time to craft his shyt and actually try sumn new to re-energize the music...

i'm not saying that those other genres ARE hip-hop... but they do play an important role in the development of our artform... always have...always will

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote