View Single Post
Old 05-12-06, 01:10 PM   #1
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

Artists who have never made a bad album

IP:

Note: The people you post must have 3 or more albums.

Gang Starr: Primo and the Guru sadly split up last year, but together made many albums and none of them were below 8/10. They have made two Godly albums, which is 2 more than 99% of the music industry (Step in the Arena and Moment of Truth) and are widely aknowledged as one of the greatest hip hop duo's of all time. Primo's genius production and Guru's smooth, jazzy down to earth style has gained them acclaim and respect across the globe. Most artists make one dope album then fall off. Nas is perhaps the best example of this. He made two amazing albums in Ilmatuic and It was Written then made some good albums and then made the awful Nastradamus. He since has made mediocre albums at best. Eminem is also a good example of this. Gang Starr however, startedoff strong and finished even stronger. They have made an immeasurable contribution to Hip Hop and remain one of my favourite groups of all time.

Rakim: Regarded by some as the greatest emcee of all time, Rakim has always been a God on the mic. Making many incredible albums with producer Eric B (best of which was arguably Let the Rhythm Hit Em), he has NEVER made a bad album. Some people say The Master was mediocre, but compare it to 90% of the other rap albums and you'll find it blows them out of the water. Waitin for the World to End is my personal favourite track by him. Oh My God is one of the most anticipated albums of all times, and it better be dope as fuck.

Creed: I doubt any of you have heard of them, but they're one of the greatest Alternate Rock albums in recent history. They only made 3 albums, but all 3 were fucking dope. Their style is so laid back and musically they're extremely talented. Lyrically they're excellent as well, which is a great achievement in any genre. They nailed the top of the charts in the US with several different songs and are wiedley regarded as a damn good band. I love chilling to them with a pint of Larger on a Friday night.

I'll post some more when I can be bothered.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote