View Single Post
Old 05-30-06, 11:10 AM   #39
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Anyone who would ingest hard/illegal/toxic drugs/substances knowing the risks aren't making prudent choices, IMO. Anyone has the right to take what they want. But, don't dare suggest that drugs are benign. They have an effect. They are mind-altering. That's why people take them in the first place. Alcohol, for example, causes cirrohsis of the liver. We've all seen drugs/alcohol ruin someone's life. And, you really don't know how your body will respond to certain hard drugs. It's just not worth the risk.

As for legal drugs/medicines, those are more worth the risk, IMO.

Example: I noticed 2 years ago that I had high blood pressure. So, I modified my diet and started exercising 4-5 days a week to lower it. After 3 months, my blood pressure remained the same. So, I have to consider medication to lower my BP, especially after discovering that it runs in the family. Are there risks to taking the BP medication? Yes. Are those risks worth it? Yes, because I almost have no other alternative at this point. But, sucking down cocaine, ecstasy, meth-am, heron, and alcohol for the sake of taking it serves no purpose other than to alter your state of mind. Is that worth the risk of:

A) Killing yourself
B) Ruining your life
C) Destroying your family?

HELL NO.

And, if you claim that drugs are harmless, then you are in denial and lying to yourself. If you believe that, then, why not ingest CYANIDE? I mean, it COULD BE the latest drug of choice. They just tell you it's poisonous to "scare" you.

^^Is that the logic I'm reading here? That's asinine.

Oh, PS. Part of a job I had 4 years ago was working with health/anti-drug outreach groups to promote a clean and healthy living. So, I know a thing or two about the symptons and repercussions of using/abusing drugs.

Nuff said. Arguments from junkies and alkys. tsk tsk tsk
And, the same can be said for people who abuse prescription meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
^^^^^^^ its hard for him to brainwashed by society or he would hate himself.........

^^^^Brilliant.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote