Thread: Belief.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-06, 12:07 PM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Belief.

IP:

Just a thought I had while listening to an older Non Phixion track which most of you would have heard "black helicopters"...

To spark your memory:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Bill
At the time of his life
A capitolist with a communist wife
Started to fight, did to cats what god did to christ

...What god did to christ...

That metaphor is interesting... See every time we hear about the life of Yeshua Bin Yosef (jesus christ), it really all depends on who you get your information from. The christian church glorify him as an avatar of the lord god and have decided it is their mission to inform everyone to follow the sole word of Yeshua Bin Yosef as he is 'apparently' the savior of all man kind... Even though he never put a pen to paper to record the definitive account of what his mission and legacy was actually about.

*cough*

Ofcourse.. Heres the thing though..

Isnt it kind of obvious, that a prophet with a mass collective of followers such as Yesua had, upon dying a premature death by way of crucafiction would be seen by his followers as a matyr and therefore worshipped and only spoken well of?

It obviously therefore should be reasonably fair by anyones standards to say that its hard to actually believe anything the christian church says about jesus 100% due to their extremily obvious bias.

And tying back to the point of this thread, what if Ill Bill's right? What if the crucafiction was actually a punishment from god rather than a 'sacrafice for our sins'...

What other major sources aside from 'what the church says' do we have to validate the statement jesus died for our sins?

Most other major religions see Yeshua as a great philosopher/prophet or even somewhat of a mystic, but nobody other than christians believe that Yesua the man is the sole key to god's forgiveness.. I guess what I'm asking is, why do you feel so asured that what you are told about a man surrounded by mystery who lived 2000 years ago is the 100% correct truth. What with all the changes made to the bible, the scandle during the inquisition, the lies, the different translations, the bible being kept from the public and only read by priests for hundreds of years meaning people just had to do what the church told them cause they were brainwashed into being controlled by them... Need I go on?

They say we should just 'have faith'... I say fuck that.
The problem with whole-heartidly believing things with no ultimate observational proof to co-inside with your information, is that you fall victem to an ill-logical method of judgement based on nothing more than what your told by other people who dont know for sure themselves.

If a man with one eye told a race of blind people the sky was green, they would have no other information to go off therefore through hundreds of generations passing down that same information, eventually the mere thought that the sky could possibly be blue would seem obserd to the average man who neglects to remember the logical truth that he himself cant actually see.. So why does he fight so hard to believe the sky is green in the first place?

And its the exact same thing with religion.. I'm not saying the bible doesent contain a lot of great prophetic and philosophical messeges intended for future generations to pick up on and live their life by. But as with any information, we have to remain objective in our observations to the point where we know what to actually take seriously, and what to disreguard as redundant religious babble.

It dissapoints me that some people will come into this thread and call me ignorant and try to find cracks in my argument. Its obviously only a show of their own naivitys comming into play through their inability to see the truth behind this thread.

Why do you choose to believe what you choose to believe?