Thread: Belief.
View Single Post
Old 06-06-06, 10:05 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
The reason all other religions see Jesus as a great prophet and only Christianity sees him for cleansing sins is because Christianity is the religion that it was for, duh. That's like Christianity teaching that Muhammed was right about what he said.....not gunna happen. He's recognized, that doesn't mean he's going to be seen as a martyr by a religion he's not based around.

Now I don't sit here and think Jesus' whole life is exactly what is told in the Bible, that's just foolish, that doesn't mean I don't believe in what he did or what he stood for. And look at yourself Nos, by thinking any opinion other than your own is completely out of place because you've grown up all your life with your set of beliefs is just like what you're saying religion does, am I wrong? You're not willing to accept any other idea unless it supplements your set of ideas which is bullshit. Now you can ramble on all day about how the average person isn't open, but we're talking about ME now, and I am. And after all the shit I've read about any other religion, and against my own, I'm still Christian and have my set of beliefs on it. That's because true faith isn't related in any way to logic, which YOU use to base your life off of, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

As usual, you would have a point.. But your slightly misguided...

My belief, as stated, is that I prefer to have solid observational evidence before I rule something out as being the truth. Which is why your whole point has absolutly no merit... I believe science, because it is constantly changing and evolving as we continue to get smarter. And I believe in a universal energy moving in harmony conducting a string of cause and effect which is time itself, that in my opinion, is god, I get that from studying astronomy.. And like science, if the day comes where we discover new information that leads to me changing my belief, boom.. Itll be changed.

I think soc you need to realise that if something isnt logical, then your believing it only based on what youve been told by someone who doesent really have a clue themselves. Like I said, a lot of christian belief's are actually great life philosophys, things like "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" And theres other fabels and metaphors in the bible people can really learn from.

BUT, there are certain key elements to your religion that you base on this buzz word called 'faith' which logically is just barking up the wrong tree..

By all means, continue practicing your religion.. Nobodys making you take the truth behind this thread seriously.. Keep on having faith and believing things with no observational evidence just because a priest told you...

My opinion on christianity, is take what you can learn from it.. But in this day and age, we have to understand, there are certain parts of any religion that are just meaningless babbel that we shouldnt take literally..