View Single Post
Old 06-17-06, 12:38 PM   #10
Gopha
!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

IP:

Quote:
I'd hate to look at it that way. It's sort of like being in the wave of the ocean. A strong man could easily swim against the current and make it to shore. While people who dont' decide a thing and allow the sea to determine where they go. To me thats mad spineless. Just my opinion.

^^^Well to reevalute yoru analogy, this ocean you speak of is more like an undertoe, which is slowly pulling you out. By struggling you are just making things worse, and stressing and wearing yourself out for no reason. If you just let it take you, you eventually will end up peacefully washed up to shore. It has nothing to do with "being a man", more like side stepping the truth. I prefer to accept and embrace the truth, and enjoy my life without having to deal with religion, the afterlife and other pointless things humans fret over because we dont understand them. Juss cuz I have realized that my life is of little importance doesn't mean im not gonna sit on my couch all day smokin weed. It means I can pursue my goals and dreams without some sort of unreasonable set of expectations that will just lead to stress.

Quote:
Yes, exactly man. There is an afterlife, and it's within the memory of others... So get out there and live, love, have family; Live forever. In the end mortality is only a personal boundary, all you have to do is strive for new limitation to be granted life times over.

^^^fast forward a billion or so years, I could find a cure for cancer, aids become president and find a new type of energy that doesnt pollute and replaces gas, and still not one form of life in the whole galaxy will remember me. Does this mean I wont try to achieve these things? Of course not, but I wont strive to achieve them just to create an afterlife in other peoples memories that will comfort me when im on a hospital bed. I will strive to achieve them because as a person I want experience new things and help people. Personally I believe the afterlife and real life should always be seperate, because when mixed misery always follows.