View Single Post
Old 06-17-06, 01:00 PM   #11
Gopha
!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

IP:

Quote:
Two statements that entirely contradict one another. You don't disclude religion, you doubt it, by reading an internet post I can tell that. Your personality is pecimistic and your outlook on life will only lead to a fear of death, rather than a welcoming to a "retirement" so to speak. You're afraid of religion, because you don't understand it. Many of the individuals so devoutly apposed to religion, are really the most lost and unfortunately hopeless people by their own seclusion. You don't really hate, or deny religion, you put on a front of utter disgust in hopes that one day some individual will present some fact that will lay the ground work for your epiphany, and then you can for once feel the comfort and love of faith that you've heard so much about. I know you because I am you, learn to love life... Trust me, it's not worth it await the end; dine at life and have an extra chair for death.

Life is beautiful man.

^^^Life IS beautiful, I love life, but at the same time I try not to become to attached to it. I am FAR from "afraid" of Religion? Religion was created to quell the human race's innate fear of death. Its natural for humans to fear the unknown, death is one thing we'll likely NEVER understand. Religion gives us an answer to this question, Heaven, Nirvana, Paradise whatever you wanna call it gives hope to people who dont want to believe death is the end of it. Its like that movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Drew Barrymore played a girl who got hurt in a car accident or somehting. Every morning she would wake up and relive the same day, her brothers birthday or somehting, and then the next day it would start all over again. So her dad, brother and all the other people in the town would play along and relive that day with her, just to let her be at peace mentally. To me the principle of religion is very similiar, you try to ignore the truth, in return for a peace of mind. And I'd much rather gain peace of mind without constantly worrying about god and the afterlife, and doing it my way. It comes down to wiether you prefer to follow "ignorance is bliss" or "knowledge is power". And yes, most religions do promote a good code of laws to live by. But i think they mostly just numb the topic of death, and fabricate a false reality in an attempt to help people who cannot get over the fact that it will all end eventually and there is nothing you can do about it. So personally I like to take a more philosophical approach to life, to give me loose guidlines that fit who I am as a person, and aviod religion.