View Single Post
Old 06-19-06, 09:24 AM   #12
atti?

IP:

Wow at you suggesting Young Jeezy, are you serious?

I listen to mainly underground the artists I listed, but I do have my mainstream favorites aswell, but Young Jeezy is a joke. Honestly, the south has nothing to offer the music industry aside from club bagers. I mean, there's Ludacris who has skill, and that's really about it, T.I. is decent but his hooks are so bland and uncreative. All he does is make one line for a hook and then repeat it 15 times, drop 10 bars, and go back into a repetetive hook. Crunk, is saying nothing, it's about dancing in the club, which is cool... FOR DANCING IN THE CLUB.

Personally I need my music to have something creative and intellectually stimulating... Unique. Music today is based apon carbon copy because sales > art. But Young Jeezy no matter what... Sucks. Nas, Rakim, most of the Wu-Tang Clan, Common... These are artists that have something to say, and say it in unique and creative ways.

Damn, I fucking hate southern rap so much, it's really just such a joke... Southern rap to Hip-Hop is what Country is to Rock.