Thread: The human soul.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-06, 03:51 AM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Common belief concerning the soul could not possibly be true.

Many religions promise that in the afterlife you will be completely free of any form of suffering. If the soul had anything to do with our current being and current lives whatsoever, this would be impossible. Because right now, our mindframes are designed for suffering.

What we are in this world is completely useless, utterly pointless, and overly insignificant (this is of course unless you see yourself for what you are). The way we perceive ourselves is completely wrong. If our souls are anything like what we are now, heaven could not exist.

But... If our souls have nothing to do with us, then what could they possibly be? What could the afterlife be? Bliss is obtaining the ultimate thing this world has to offer, and then not existing.

True that..

But if you believe in a god then you obviously believe in an ultumate plan life is working towards. Therefore I dont look at myself as insignifigant because I am (according to my inability to strive towards a complete end to my universal concience) here for a substancial purpose that I have to complete before my time is up.

Just the same as everyone else, no matter how signifigant or insignifigant their contribution to man kind is.

There is no good or evil when life is looked at with a perception generated by logic. Because everything in existance works together as an equilibrium and continues to work through its course of cause and effect.

Even the worst occurances in the entire anthropic history have taught us as survivors of natural selection important lessons of life.