IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict_NYC
www.soundclick.com/konvictnyc

"Poppas"

"Goobye"

"Im Back"

Thanks

Konvict NYC, Damn a little EQing or a better mic man, you'd have a platform that'll really draw the character in ya voice out. You sound liek a combination of a whole bunch of mixtape and mainstream rappers which makes you your own rapper in your own respect. Good beat choices too, I can see the sound you're goin for, def mixtape status. I could see you in like 2-3 years in the mixtape circut with a healthy following or on some Fight Klub shit. If you had a better mic, or even better EQing, you'd be aware of where you're at like 'hmm ok, so now I'll do this and propel your self to a whole new level. Right now, well it's like this, you're like a plant in the dirt that's too early to harvest...but a smart farmer knows that it's gonna yield good product for a long time. If I had a list of "up and comin niggas to watch for", you'd be on it.

You're young, so ya voice to older people is like 'damn, this is the voice of a generation here' so it's easy to grab that attention almost like a shock factor. You luck out too because your voice has its own harmonics that really shine on your adlibs, hooks, and most other places your voice is layered. Better quality gear would make that stand out even more. You're good with the abrasive stuff but your natural range isn't equally strong with the slower tracks, which is like most people but it's more skewed in your case which I suspect is partially due to beat choice. It's better that way because the appeal you're molding is sparesly populated with slow tracks so you in some ways level your self out. As you keep on going deeper into this, make sure you mix up some interesting subjects and stories in your song catalog to reinforce your overall image to your fan base, which will be dudes from about 16-30. Older dudes will liek your shit, but they'll be too embarassed to say they liek the music of a dude so young, but once your voice gets deeper you'll have that older market AND the audience you're already growing up with. That's "long term money" son. Just make sure to stop recyclin punches, cuz no body's gonna wanna hear the same material in different songs, especially not THAT close, you gotta spread that out a few months at least - and I'm talkin about that "chillin with jesus" line that I heard before.

All in all man, all you need is...some good EQing maybe even a good mic... some time, and some quality exposure and you'll be a recognizable "identity" ready for shows and battle circuts etc. Better qual on your vocals will make your punches and what not pop out more. The biggest dudes in the industry start young like you are. Stick with it man, don't get ya head swole full of your self cuz that'll be your downfall, and believe me, in your case, it'll pay off. Big time.

Pexx.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote