Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuLâ„¢
word props on this

www.soundclick.com/spul

1. "Shake That (Break It Down)"
2. "This Way, Thay Way" ft. Triple_N
3. "Y'all Know Me"

thanks in advance

SPuL, your lyrics are well written, you could use some heavy EQing in your lows to bring more bass and some grit out of your voice. it sounds like structurally you have it together but the verbal packaging doesn't feel effective, it doesn't grab. Could be your mic, but you'll still come up with some EQing. Your cadence is what is seperating the rhymes from the deliv. Sounds like you should be spittin the lyrics completely differently with different attenuation on the words. It makes you unique, but not that marketable in that respect. Someone would have to connect with your content or your background in order to be a "fan", rather than

your tracks are good quality, but sound too formulaic and liek you're going through the motions. Theres no creativity injected in it, just sticking with what worked the last 40 times. Some variety in the tracks would be welcomed. All the verses are recorded and adlibbed in the same style, all spit in the same flow, same deliv, etc. only difference is the beat and sometimes the topic. Got redundant REAL fast, especially with your cadence as it is it started to wear on me as I listened to it.

All in all, I think you need something new and fresh in your style. you need to break every "routine" you have right now and change your self because you sound like the progression of a stagnant artist too stuck in their comfort zone. You have the materials you need to be ill, just not the order and packaging.

real talk as always.

Uno.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote