Thread: "Holla @ Me"
View Single Post
Old 07-11-06, 11:58 PM   #17
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP:

First off......post your whole soundclick next time instead of just the hi fi link cause that shit never works for me

Anyway, I'm smart enough to find your shit in your sig. You didn't do bad for your first audio. To help you out like ten hundred percent, I'm gonna give you two quick tips if you use Cool Edit. First off, when you're in single track mode with your vocals (no beat) go to effects>>Amplitude>>Amplify>>Center Wave. That will hel if you spit in on the right side or left side of the mic too much. Second, go to Effects>>Amplitude>>Hard Limiting and change the first number to -6.5 and the second number to 1.8. This will help make your vocals sound more the same loudness all the way through. If it makes your vocals way too low, just raise the first number (make it closer to 0).

Now for the actual spitting. You kinda got a monotone delivery on this one, but it's your first one and delivery comes with being comfortable in front of a mic. Second is your flow fell off a couple of times. It sounded like you were reading from a paper, which isn't bad (cause I do it too), but it shouldn't sound like you're doing it. Read over your lines with the beat five to ten times before you actually start spitting....it helps you remember how you planned to spit certain spots with the beat. Keep dropping them though, cause you have a pretty good voice for this and it's definitely not a bad start