Thread: Keak Da Sneak
View Single Post
Old 07-18-06, 10:48 PM   #11
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Until someone finds a legit difference between hyphy and crunk, they'll both be considered the same thing to me.

Crunk is not something you do in your everyday lifestyle. You go to the club, you get "crunk". You "crunk" out. It's basically like an attitude or someshit that happens when you at a party or club. Just basically wildn out.

Hyphy is the same, but not the same. Hyphy is in your everyday life.If you come, or been to Northern California, you should know. Hyphy is not a dance, it's a form of expressing yourself, used from the word "hyper active". I say it's in everyday lifestyle, because driving down a Northern Cali street, (NO BULLSHIT), you would really see cats "ghost riding" their whips, you would really see cats with "stunna shades" on, with "gold ones" and "peacoats" on (peacoats in the winter only...hahaha), with "dreads" shaking, and that one "seashell" in the dreads. It's a way of expressing who you are. Now, the "getting stupid" and "going dumb" is also apart of the hyphy lifestyle. It's a way of expressing yourself when you feel the music. All it is, is feel good music. Not lyrical, you cant stop and be like, "what that nigga say" if you just tryna block out all your problems in life and have a good time without giving a damn what others think. And there are many more dances with the hyphy style. And also how you talk can be hyphy. Saying "hella" is a california word. Like, "Damn, she got on hella makeup". But also, we make up our own words for that uniqueness. And incorporate them in everyday slang.

(hope that clears it up for you)

Now, back to topic:

Keak even said himself, "he doesnt even know what he's talking bout half the time" ...he just makes up the words to the beat, because it's for the people. It's dance music. It's hyphy music. If I wasn't from the west I would say he's wack too.