View Single Post
Old 07-19-06, 10:38 PM   #1
tornado220
Light Weight

Eminem Sells T-Shirts to Raise Money For Proof's Kids

IP:

Eminem Sells T-Shirts to Raise Money For Proof's Kids
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see this being a good idea, but let's be honest with all the millions that Em has made not to mention the record label and parent company, don't you think folks could come out of pocket and just give these kids enough money so that they'll be set forever. I mean a trust fund could be set up or some sort of wise investments made.. When you're talking about folks who are considered the richest entertainers in America it just sounds cheap aqnd cheesy to sell t-shirts

Eminem Sells Memorial T-Shirts, Poster To Raise Money For Proof's Kids

Eminem is continuing to pay tribute to his friend, late D12 member and Detroit rap ambassador Proof.

Em and the rest of the Shady Records family have set up www.BigProof4Ever.com, where T-shirts and a poster bearing Proof's likeness and the words "Big Proof Forever 1973-2006" are being sold (see "D12's Proof Shot And Killed At Detroit Club"). The shirts and poster are designed by graphic artist Shepard Fairey, who started his anti-authority Obey Giant campaign in the 1980s. All proceeds from the Web site go to the Big Proof Forever Foundation, an organization that will benefit Proof's five children.

The site also features some of the words Eminem spoke at his friend's funeral (see "Eminem, Obie Trice Speak At Packed Funeral For Proof").

"Right now, there's a lot of people focusing on the way he died," Eminem says in one clip from the April service. "I want to remember the way he lived. Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend."

Proof was shot and killed on April 11 at a Detroit after-hours club by Mario Etheridge after an argument between Proof and Etheridge's cousin, Keith Bender, turned violent. Police say Proof killed Bender during the incident (see "Man Allegedly Shot By D12's Proof Dies"). In May, a Detroit prosecutor said Etheridge, who was a bouncer at the CCC nightclub where Proof was shot, acted in his cousin's defense (see "Prosecutor Says Proof's Slaying Was Justified").